Logo der Universität Wien

Welcome to the Campus of the University of Vienna

The Campus of the University of Vienna is a very special place: because of its history as the former General Hospital, because of its architecture and its overall concept.

As a part of the University of Vienna the Campus unites more than 15 departments of the Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies and the Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies.

The Campus is a place of work for students and researchers, but also a place of knowledge exchange, of art and culture, of business and entertainment. Congresses take place here, students meet researchers, researchers meet colleagues from all over the world, but you will also find many Viennese coming to the events or the local shops. Businesses, shops, restaurants and bars invite everybody to the Campus of the University of Vienna.

Modern meets Historic

The challenges of transforming the former General Hospital into a university campus mainly lay in harmonising the old and the new into a future-oriented whole.

During the adaptation of the historic buildings, the original state was reestablished. Modernity on the other hand manifests itself in the expansions and integrations with exposed concrete, metal and glass and in the technical equipment of the buildings.

Campus of the University of Vienna

Spitalgasse 2
1090 Vienna
T: +43-1-4277-298 20
University of Vienna | Universitätsring 1 | 1010 Vienna | T +43-1-4277-0